Although its release was back in December, Bruno Mars’ latest album Unorthodox Jukebox becomes his first number one this week on the Billboard 200. Over the past week, sales for the album have risen an astounding 96% – aided by a significant pricing markdown by Amazon MP3.
Amok from Atoms for Peace and Mumford & Sons’ Babel are in at numbers two and three, respectively. No. 4 belongs to Macklemore & Ryan Lewis whose The Heist release leaps up the chart twelve positions. The Heist also had a sales boost thanks to Amazon MP3’s recent sale.
Oh, and Adele’s 21 makes its way back into the top ten as well, following her performance at this year’s Academy Awards.
This week on the Hot 100 singles chart, Baauer’s “Harlem Shake” is still shaking at the top (eh…but hopefully not for much longer). Macklemore & Ryan Lewis follow behind at No. 2 with “Thrift Shop,” and Mars’ “When I Was Your Man” pulls in third.
Demi Lovato’s new single “Heart Attack” sits right outside of the top ten this week, debuting at No. 12. The song earns Demi a career-high first-week sales figure of 215,000 copies.
As for the rest of the top ten…
- Bruno Mars – Unorthodox Jukebox
- Atoms for Peace – Amok
- Mumford & Sons – Babel
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – The Heist
- Hillsong United – Zion
- Various Artists – Now 45
- The Lumineers – The Lumineers
- Josh Groban – All That Echoes
- Rihanna – Unapologetic
- Adele – 21
- Baauer – “Harlem Shake”
- Bruno Mars – “When I Was Your Man”
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – “Thrift Shop”
- Taylor Swift – “I Knew You Were Trouble”
- Rihanna – “Stay”
- Drake – “Started from the Bottom”
- will.i.am – “Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears)”
- Justin Timberlake – “Suit & Tie (feat. Jay-Z)”
- Bruno Mars – “Locked Out of Heaven”
- Swedish House Mafia – “Don’t You Worry Child”